Health & Safety

Health and Safety Contacts

Health and Safety Forms and Documents

How to Report a Health and Safety Hazard

  • Step 1: Report the issue to the school/building’s Health and Safety Representative
  • Step 2: Report the issue to the school/building’s Principal
  • Step 3: Check to make sure the issue has been flagged in our central reporting system (via minutes posted on health and safety board or through verbal confirmation with representative)
  • Step 4: If hazard continues to linger, engage a certified rep at the union office to escalate.
  • NOTE: If hazard poses an immediate threat to the health of anyone – it must be reported to the Principal immediately.

How to Report an Incident at work (Workplace Violence, Injury, Serious Student Incident)

If you are injured at work, it is essential that you report the circumstances to the board via the Incident report form as soon as possible. This will send a copy of the report to the union, your principal and Employee Health Services. The board will then reach out to discuss potential filing of WSIB paperwork and any follow up steps.

If you are experiencing workplace violence, threats of violence or any other experiences that are making your working day unpleasant, you have the right to report those experiences to the board and your union. This information will be used to determine next steps, including potential education working staffing supports, safety plans and deeper discussion at a workplace violence subcommittee. There is to be no reprisals or attempts to dissuade reporting in this manner. If it occurs call the union office immediately.

All incidents are now reported to the board via the single Reporting tool called the Incident Portal. The outline of how to get there are outlined below. Answer the questions as best you can – and if you get stuck please reach out to the office.

Incident Reporting Tool

There are two ways to find the single reporting tool, both in KPR on the Web:

Under Quick Forms, all these older named forms from the past – they all take you to the single reporting tool.


On KPR on the Web, you need to find this yellow circled icon. If you do not have this tile, you can add it to your front page using the “Add App” button +.

So an Incident has happened? Now what?

Regardless of what has occurred, you should be clicking on the “New Report” button.

The tool will now ask you a series of yes/no questions, which will guide your report into the appropriate avenues as needed.

NOTE: Any questions talking about Non Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) is the duties of Education Workers, not teachers. You should answer no to these questions.

At this point, the tool will begin proper and depending on your answers to the above questions, a number of different forms will populate. It will pull forward your answers as needed, so you do not need to write out the same narrative multiple times. It will also give you access to the database of your school for student names, so it can be easily tracked if required. Red starred items are required.

Note: You cannot backup within the tool using the browser buttons. If you need to start over or cannot figure out how to back up, your reports are saved under this button and you can pick back up where you left off:

If you have any technical issues in submitting a form, please email Chris ( or Erin ( depending on your union affiliation. 

Work Refusals – Teaching Staff